Attention: This position is now closed.
Responsible for conducting complex and thorough research of existing processes, systems, systems logic, hardware deployment and desired objectives to develop detailed systems specifications to meet the objectives of the assigned projects. This position examines, in detail, existing manual and automated processes, documentation and training requirements, and the capacities and limitations of existing, or proposed hardware in order to develop comprehensive specifications in a formal and structured way. Implements activities that generally impact discrete components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects.
Analyzes and communicates stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into virtual solution requirements. Understands Service Virtualization scope. Determines the needs of the system. Identifies the dependencies and needs of Service Virtualization. Creates a design document of a solution to meet the business goals. Develops specifications, diagrams, and flowcharts for SDET’s to follow. Develops SOAP/REST/MQ/JMS services as needed.
Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
• Participates in gathering and analyzing of internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
• Translates users’ business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
• Applies methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language (“UML”) and Rational Unified Process (“RUP”) and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
• Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
• Participates in managing the scope of applications and related changes.
• Assists quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
• Collaborates with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
• Participates in the creation of training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange information related to areas of specialization. May serves as a liaison between engineering, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders during the development and deployment process.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks before they occur.
• Mentors less experienced members of the team.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in gathering / documenting requirements, modeling and providing general client / IT liaison support.
• At least 2 years of experience with technical design process and models.
• At least 2 years of experience with requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams.
• Experience with of SDLC / SW development processes, such as Unified Modeling Language (“UML”) and / or Rational Unified Process (“RUP”), Agile, Waterfall)..
• Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships.
• Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
• Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
• Master’s Degree or MBA.
• Strong experience with SOA principles and Integration technologies.
• Understanding of synchronous transaction and integration with the other systems.
• Transport mechanisms for Web Services – Rest vs. SOAP, Web Services vs. straight HTTP.
• One-way SSL and Two-Way SSL, Certificates, Key Stores
• Hands-on experience with Service Virtualization tools (HP SV, CA SV (LISA), Parasoft, IBM/GreenHat).
• Hands-on experience in Web Services on J2EE platforms (any frameworks – Spring, Struts, etc.)
• Solid experience on core Java concepts like Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Interfaces, Collections, Exception handling, JDBC, multi-threading, etc.
• Understanding of J2EE design patterns.
• Understanding of middleware technologies like ESB, DataPower, etc.
• Understanding of WebSphere Message Broker (& WTX Transformations)
• Understanding of WebSphere Application Server.
• Understanding of BPM (Business Process Modeling)/ ODM (Operations Decision Manager).
Send your profiles to email@example.com. Feel free to share this job posting with your friends or colleagues.
Job ID: Business Systems Analyst – 1009