Automation Test Engineer Job Opening
Locations: Peoria and Chicago, IL
JOB PURPOSE: We are looking for test automation engineer as part of an innovative, cross-platform, customer-centric team, working in a high pace environment.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Intermediate
JOB DUTIES: This position reports to a Digital Technology Manager
Test automation engineer work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition to delivery.
Test automation engineer defines, develops, maintains, and executes the automation of test scripts utilizing test automation framework (i.e.Selenium) for complex customer facing application. He/she strives to ensure that user stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users including functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow. Test automation engineer also ensures project and release testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation.
- Collaborates with product owners and system integration engineers to review requirement specifications and ensure user stories are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable and acceptance criteria are clear and prescriptive
- Researches and analyzes acceptance criteria of product features being tested, understands automated testing to be accomplished and develops detailed, comprehensive and well-structured automation test plan and test case design
- Defines, develops and maintains automated test scripts (unit test, regression test, functional test, integration test , performance test , security penetration test and smoke test) to achieve maximum code coverage in test automation framework.
- Reviews automated test scripts of other team members and provides feedback
- Independently executes automated test plans (unit test, regression test, functional test, integration test , performance test, security penetration test and smoke test)and test scripts as part of CI/CD pipeline
- Proactively escalates issues to the service delivery manager and alerts lead developer of feature delivery team on potential impact to test or release schedule.
- Identifies, isolates and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect status, root cause, daily triage meeting.
- Provides timely and accurate defect status information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard information, open issues, risk analysis.
- Develop automation standards and procedures to determine application quality and release Readiness
- Utilizes automation tools and methodologies to streamline overall testing process, effectiveness and efficiencies in the QA process.
- Review application user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
- Mentor team members on automation
- Assists with the evaluation of software test and automation tools and contributes to the test tool evaluation report.
- Ensure test automation design is traceable to requirements and achieves a high level of requirement/test execution coverage.
- Perform manual testing of test cases as and when needed.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. The position normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
Typical customers include dealers, other external companies who uses application developed by Industry and Aftermarket division and/or supplies underlying technology components. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
Moderate travel required (5% – 15% of working time).
The position typically requires a B.S in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent. In addition, four to six years of progressively responsible job-related experiences are typically required in following:
- Demonstrated experience and competency in developing complex test automation scripts/framework for Client/Server, Web/Internet application
- Test-Driven UI Development and UI test automation using testing frameworks such as Selenium, Test Complete, Jest, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Supertest, Cucumber, JMeter, LoadRunner, QTP/UFT (HP), Microsoft TFS, xUnit, JUnit etc
- Proficiency in other scripting languages is desired, such as Java, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, Groovy, Python, Perl, etc.
- Integrating tests into CI/CD pipeline using frameworks such as Jenkins, SVN/GIT or equivalent tools.
- Working with test management and defect tracking tools such as Test Rail, Atlassian JIRA, ALM.
- Testing performance of application at scale
- Multiple software development life cycle, QA methodologies and best practices including Agile.
- In-depth knowledge of QA methodologies and best practices.
Nice to have:
- Java web application experience
- Web frameworks experience (jQuery, Bootstrap, and similar)
- Data management experience (SQL, XML, JSON, JPA)
- Web services API development & integration experience (REST, SOAP)
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivate
- Excellent team member, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detailed oriented. Observational.
- Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.
- Good work ethic and general business acumen.
Please email your profile to email@example.com with Subject: Automation # 1016 – Peoria, Chicago
* Contract Type: C2C, W2, 1099
* Duration: Long Term
* Rate: Please specify expectations in the email. We always offer competitive rates.