Attention: This position is now closed.
Patson USA is looking to hire a Manual Test Engineer to work at one of our client sites in Aurora, IL.
The Quality Assurance Tester is responsible for testing all aspects of our software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution. This person is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. This person is also responsible in creating the system test plan, test cases, test scripts and test summary documentation for system, integration and regression testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create and execute end-to-end functional and system test plans and test scripts.
* Manage all activities in the plan to ensure test objectives are met.
* Communicate defects to developers and other stakeholders.
* Assist in troubleshooting issues and defects.
* Assist in testing production issues.
* Perform tests of functional, integration, regression, security, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with legacy and/or external systems.
* Create test plan, test cases, test scripts and test summary documentation.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education / Certifications :
* Bachelor or Master in Computer Science is a plus
* Testing Certifications are a plus.
* Minimum 5 years of related experience.
* Experience in writing test plans, test cases, test scripts, test summary.
* Experience in documenting the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
* Experience in creating integration test scenarios.
* Experience with SmartBear QAComplete or HP ALM or JIRA tools.
* Automation experience in Selenium WebDriver will be a plus.
* Exposure to Agile Scrum process.
* Experiences in Quality Management Processes and SDLC
* Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
o MVC Architecture
o .net framework
o SQL Queries
1. Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
5. Provides a climate for motivation and support.
6. Ability to appropriately delegate tasks.
7. Ability to recognize opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement.
8. Ability to represent complex ideas in a simple, easy to understand manner to a variety of audiences.
9. Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business.
Pay: Competitive. Candidate must state the expected pay.
Duration: 3 to 6 months initial contract. Possibility of extension.
Start Date: ASAP.
Location: Aurora, IL.
How to apply?: Send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Test 1012 Manual”