The importance of a Business Analyst is like no other in an IT project. It is a role that makes the transformation of business requirements into software applications a reality. A Business Analyst is the one who devises and drives technical solutions for a business need/case/problem at hand. A strong process orientation, business model expertise, excellent communication, thorough understanding of various business components and coordination with Clients, Management, Quality Assurance, Development, Design and Environment/Support teams are few of the key skills that a BA should possess.
A grocery store chain, with the rampant growth of eCommerce around has decided to venture into that realm too. (Even huge chains like Wal-mart had to start at point 0, right?) Being a subject matter expert at commodities and sales, a grocer would not even know how to start and would need the services of a software project team to make this happen.
Now, all the operations that would happen in the physical business have to happen via a virtual medium. So, a target website or application should allow all the physical business which involves selecting the products, placing them in a shopping cart, checking out, paying – via multiple options and return them, if need be- has to now happen virtually. If you pick any e-Commerce site today, all the actions we mentioned above are features of the e-Commerce sites (like Amazon, eBay, etc.). You could search and select products, add them to the cart, check out – but from a website/application interface.
How did this transition from a business situation take place into being a technological solution? It is the Business Analyst who comes up with this solution and coordinates/monitors with all the teams to make the implementation of the solution a reality. It primarily tries to understand the core business and comes up with a model/technology equivalent that will enable and even enhance the client’s business situation.
How, you ask? It is a systematic and elaborate process that requires strong Business Analysis fundamentals, extensive in-depth knowledge of the field. And, the best news is we are here to make that happen for you through this course. It will be your complete guidance package for a successful BA career.
The curriculum and the content are designed keeping in mind the current market trends. The emphasis on strong fundamentals is the main goal. It is most practical, job oriented and real time. The live classes are interactive, teacher-led training sessions with a strong emphasis on brain storming and participant involvement. All the concepts are explained with the help of easy to understand real life examples.
We aim to target the following key skills through this BA course:
- A complete guide – Business Analyst role and activities explained in detail.
- Practical techniques to deriving technological solutions to business situations.
- Various domain related examples for diverse experience.
- Practical real time assignments for easy application of the theoretical concepts on a regular basis.
- Resume and interview guidance to make you job ready
About our instructors:
With us we guarantee you a knowledgeable, dependable, passionate teacher. All the instructors have tremendous real time experience and are acquainted with the best industry standards and practices. We aim to find you mentors than just facilitators. With us, you are never alone. We are with you all the way.
Advantages of the course:
- Hands-on working experience and examples
- The recorded videos of the classes are made available to the participants for endless review.
- Mock Interview’ sessions to face and succeed in real time.
- Email/Chat support to the students in order to address questions or concerns.
Some Interview Questions for BA role:
1) Tell us about your previous project?
2) What are the most important skills a successful BA should have?
3) What is a UML?
4) Walk us through the previous project
5) Walk us through some Use Cases from your previous project.
6) What is SDLC?
7) Walk us through the actors from your previous project?
8) What are the contents of FRD?
9) Do you have experience in 3-point estimation?
10) What is a USe Case?
11) What is WBS?
12) What is JAD session?
13) What is a post condition?
14) Where would you see yourself in next 5 years?
15) What is your educational background?
16) Have you done estimations?
17) Different components in Use Case Diagram?
18) What are the contents of BRD?
19) What is Work Package?
20) What methodology did you use in previous project?
21) Do you prefer working in a team or individually?
22) Why do you think you can be a good team player?
23) What is Pre-Condition?
24) What is product backlog?
25) What is a symbol or notation of Actor?
26) Difference between BRD and FRD?
27) Who / What is an Actor?
28) What is a baseline?
29) What is the difference between Primary Actor & Secondary Actor?
30) What are the roles and responsibilities of BA?
31) Are you familiar with estimation techniques?
32) Are you familiar with RUP Methodology?
33) Tell us the negative things about your previous project
34) Have you used Waterfall Methodology in previous projects?
35) Explain Agile Methodology
36) How do you handle stress at your job?
37) Are you familiar with MS Visio?